Employment Insurance Appeals
You can disqualify yourself from Employment Insurance benefits for a range of reasons including:
- Not capable or not available
- Not unemployed or no interruption of earnings
- Voluntarily quit
- Provided incomplete documentation
- Misconduct at your last job
- A Labour dispute prevents you from working (strike or lock-out)
- Failed to search for work
- Refused suitable work
E.I. is covered by a specialized legal process where the decision of the Employment Insurance Agent goes to the Board of Referees.
We have made more than 500 appeals before the E.I. Board of Referees in the GTA.
Our agents have an intimate knowledge of all CUB cases setting precedents from the Umpire at the Federal Court.